NuffNang

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sabah - The Land Beneath the Wind [Day 1]


DAY ONE 

30 MAY 2013 (THURSDAY)


Richard Branson's Reach for the Skies: Ballooning, Birdmen and Blast into Space has broadened my view on the airline industry. The dream of flying like birds are no longer dreams and now Everyone Can Fly! I boarded Air Asia's AK5110 on Thursday morning. It was early in the morning, approximately 6.30am. Once I found my seating, the first thing I did was to catch some rest ... ...

I woke up around 2 hours later and as I peeked outside the window (I was seating besides the window between). I saw clusters of puffy clouds.The sky had a vibrant blue, deep blue, light blue, peaceful blue etc. I wished that I have captured those picturesque moments ... ...

We reached Terminal 2 around 9 am. It was 28 degree Celsius and a sunny day. 

AK5110 flied by Melissa Nathan landed safely at Terminal 2

Terminal 2 is a mini airport. However, it has the ability to manage the ever increasing traffic to Sabah.

Bro managed to grab some leaflets before leaving Terminal 2
We chartered a van to take us around Kota Kinabalu

David is our van driver cum tour guide. David have been in the Sabah tourism industry for more than 20 years. Hence, he was acting like a walking Sabah encyclopedia for us. 

Note: Sadly I did not capture David's face. If not I will share it over here.

We have our breakfast at Borneo Treasure Restaurant. I just randomly select some dim sum that we have tasted for the day.


Borneo Treasure Restaurant - Famous for Dim Sum (Non-Halal)

烧卖(Shao Mai)

叉烧包 (Char Siew Bao)


流沙包 (Custard Bun)
I know by now, your saliva must start to drool! They are tasty indeed! After the satisfactory breakfast, we started to tour the following places. The (6) is our accommodation. Please take note.

(1) Sabah Museum 

Nice landscape and informative museum

Note: Sadly I couldn't capture pictures inside the museum. The items displayed inside the museum are belonged to the old tribes, ie Kadazan, Dusun, Bajau etc. It somehow refresh my memories on the history text books I used to study back in secondary school

(2) Signal Hill Observatory Tower
The highest point in the city, able to have a good view on Kota Kinabalu

(3) Tun Mustapha Tower
The design of the tower is unique so much so it is one of the 3 buildings designed based on this concept whereby a central core with steel is used to support each floor

 (4) Kundasang View
I feel like I am away from Malaysia. The sky looks awesome!

Note: There is a famous Sayap Ayam Kundasang nearby, and very long queue. Of course, we managed to taste the great marinated chicken wings! Yumyum :) But since my eating etique is not pass, I won't wanna post it on my blog. Haha.
 (5) Desa Dairy Farm
ALERT! The cows are no longer black and white... Its muddy and black :(

If you plan to visit this place, don't visit during peak season, because they are unable to upkeep the cleanliness of the farm when tourists kept flooding in. Add ons, they marked up the entrance fees to RM4 each person, instead of RM2. Add on to that, they charged for the filthy toilet. Kinda disappointing experience. Seriously :(

However, the plus point is the scenic view you get to experience when you are at Desa Diary Farm. Just can't help falling in love with the nice view :)

(6) The Pines Resort (KK)

Our rooms are at the back end. It is surrounded by trees, mainly pine trees.

This is where we stayed for the night. Notice that the environment makes me feel like I am shooting in a Twilight movie. The setting is just so perfect. However, my skin won't glow or turn into diamonds when the sun shine towards me. Sorry for the lameness. Can't help! haha

Take another scenario, I am one of the characters inside the Harry Potter movies. Phew... luckily no scary creature attacked me for that night.


TBC ... thank you for reading attentively. Day 2 will be mostly on Nature, like the idea? Please continue to follow my blog then :)







No comments:

Post a Comment