NuffNang

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Klang Bak Kut Teh, Ho Chiak :P

We have been talking about visiting Klang for quite sometimes. The unemployed woman stays in Klang. We have known each other since 2008, and had been talking forever since, to visit Klang. Truth to be told. All talk and no action, and subsequently, for the next couple of college lives, we still did not visit her home. Being spontaneous, I proposed to visit her in Klang during the mid of February. The initial plan was end of February. However, we postponed it until early March. 

On 7 March 2014, after work, I rushed back home. To bath and pack my bag. Yes, we are heading to Klang finally! The excitement is certainty there. Employed woman whatsapp-ed me on how many clothes I will pack, and what time to start journey etc. Its not too spontaneous but its worthy.

To clarify, unemployed woman is from Klang. Employed woman just stays nearby my housing area. 

My belief system told me that Klang is far far away from my home. However, it took us approximately 35 minutes to reach Klang. After settling down (I had not shower due to water rationing at my place), unemployed woman brought us to a mamak stall. We ordered Roti Tisu and Tandoori Chicken. The Roti Tisu tasted better than the one we tried in Penang famous curry house. It is very thin layer, and served with sugar toppings. The Tandoori Chicken had spices and serve good without Naan. I ordered a Teh Tarik, and requested it to be kurang manis. I think, the only Indian Curry House that knows my order is Kanna Curry House, which serve awesome Thosai Telur and Teh Tarik (sikit manis). After the mamak hangout, we went back to unemployed woman house. I am blessed that I can shower with normal water supply.

Roti Tisu. Appearance moderate, Taste Great :)

Spicy but awesome!
We were contemplating to go to Pulau Ketam or Taman Pertanian. After being burnt under the hot sun, I decided to wear long sleeves, despite it looked weird, when we are doing outdoor activities. We concluded that we will go to Taman Pertanian. We woke up at 7am to catch our breakfast at a Hainanese Coffee Shop which serves awesome Nasi Lemak, Roti Bakar, Roti Stim etc. Its just like any other typical Hainanese Coffee Shop, but with a huge crowd. I was told that this shop had been operating for more than 50 years!

3 person meal :D

After our heavy meals, we departed to Taman Pertanian. We rented bicycles. The cheapest available which costed us RM5 for the first hour and additional RM1 for the subsequent hours. The bicycles were rusty, but who care, as long as I can cycle and its affordable. We were joyful as we were close to nature. There is this SkyTrex which seemed fun. It was relaxing. I enjoyed my ride most when I am going down the slope. The wind was opposing me, and I was having high speeding momentum, down slope. The freedom that one can experience.

Cycling up the hill requires lotsa stamina!

After cycling, we went to eat ice and fried chicken. It is just opposite of a Chinese school. Yao Yao Ping. Since it was very hot, the ice drink definitely serve it purpose. The fried chicken is nice too. I had the drumstick. If I were not to control my diet, I will definitely go for second round!

Watermelon Ice, Asam Ice, all are good!

I feel like eating again :X
After that, we went for Klang famous Bak Kut Teh. We have minimal idea of what restaurant to go. Hence, we randomly googled and we arrived at Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh. The serving was big. The 3 of us didn't manage to finish 2 persons' order. According to unemployed woman, its below her expectation, she is expecting a thicker herbal soup. Well, maybe its personal preference? 

Saliva drools?
We went back to our nest after the heavy lunch. Employed woman was sick. Hence, we just laid back and chill inside unemployed woman house before preparing for our dinner location. Unemployed woman brought us to Boston Baru Seafood Restaurant. The queue was crazy. We waited for half an hour to secure a seat and additional hour to eat our dinner. The price was reasonable. The food awesome.No wonder there were so many people queuing up.

Lala Soup

Calamari in Corn + Butter Style

Nothing to describe about this lol

Famous in Boston!
Since we were full, our stomach bloated, we decided to walk around Icity. Ended up, we were made belief to pay RM15 for the Space Exploration game. The whole experience was new. However, it wasn't value for money. What added value to our experience was when we were exiting the Space Exploration. Employed woman open the door at the second floor, and she saw a ghostly figure running towards her. She screamed. Then, the next thing I heard was unemployed woman screaming. My reflects told me to run for my life as well. The whole scene was too dramatic, but yes, we were that crazy. RM15 plus a little perks from haunted house isn't that bad after all!

Pirate Ship was our last game before we decided to go home. It was a short visit but I sincerely appreciate my friend who is so willing to bring us around, share us her bed, and let us shower. Plus, I enjoyed the great company and the memories that we have created. We are planning for another cycling trip. Destination will be identified soon. 

Trying to be funny. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment